The initiative OpeningupSlovenia was presented in Ljubljana, Slovenia, on April 23, during the OCWC Global conference 2014 with the aim of making Slovenia a model state in the field of accessible and open educational resources and complements into reality the policies of the European Commission’s ‘Opening Up Education’ communication initiated by Androulla Vassiliou, European Commissioner for DGEAC, who also attended the launch. Slovenia wants to make changes in 7 key areas:
- Transform existing educational methods into innovative, dynamic and open learning tools,
- Restore an environment of cooperation between public, private and voluntary sectors of research in order
- Develop and introduce a more open education,
- Build legal mechanisms in support of implementing open education,
- Construct an open platform of information technologies, contents, services, pedagogical concepts and approaches,
- Restore mechanisms for securing a high level of quality and evaluation of services,
- Develop digital competencies within the entire educational system, and to carry out concrete, cross-dimensional open education projects.