The project involves the development of a web-mobile solution, which focuses on the learning process of the blind and visually impaired, while remaining useful to the wider audience, for example pre-school children, elementary school students and people, who lost vision later in life. The project consists of several ICT inclusion goals:
- To familiarize a blind or visually impaired adolescent with standard and appropriated peripherals (keyboard and Braille line),
- To teach ten-finger typing to blind students, as well as Braille symbols. Likewise the solution is useful for adolescents learners without visual impairment, who wish to learn blind-typing.
- To provide a common platform with an API for educational games hosting enabling full modifiability of uploaded games, thus supporting future compatibility of the game content
The web solution and mobile app includes:
- Educational games for vision, memory and precise movement exercises in the form of memory games, as well as others which involve sorting, pair identification, image understanding and description and object navigation, controlled with fingers or keys.
- An extendable platform supporting a full modification of educational games, including assets, learning domains and the general outlook of the web portal to support responsive design which fits the visual impairment type of an individual user